Current Writing Projects:
- The Generative Church: Drawing upon Erik Erikson’s concept of “generativity” (“the interest in establishing and guiding the next generation,” Erikson, IYC, 138), this collection of essays by insightful contributors from Canada, Australia, South Africa, the UK, and the USA explores the characteristics of congregations that are committed to investing in the members of rising generations. In addition to serving as editor of this project currently in development, I provide the book’s introductory and concluding chapters. This book will be published by Wipf & Stock in late 2019/early 2020.
- The Generationally Intelligent Leader: This book project employs the theoretical framework of generational intelligence to help Christian leaders navigate the generational challenges they encounter within their churches and within themselves.
- The Intergenerationally Sticky Church: This book project explores six important ingredients of intergenerational cohesion within the church and outlines practical proposals to help churches strengthen ties between people of diverse generations.
- Seibel, C. L., “The Intergenerationally Sticky Church,” in InterGenerate: Transforming Churches through Intergenerational Ministry, ed. Holly Allen (Abilene, TX: Abilene Christian University Press, 2018).
- Seibel, C. L., “From Multigenerational to Intergenerational,” in InterGenerate: Transforming Churches through Intergenerational Ministry, ed. Holly Allen (Abilene, TX: Abilene Christian University Press, 2018).
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Seibel, C. L. 2018. “Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: An Intergenerational Perspective,” Canadian Journal for Scholarship and the Christian Faith (February 13, 2018).
- Seibel, C. L. 2017. “There Arose Another Generation: Learning from Atheistic and Agnostic Nones Who Have Left the Church,” Canadian Journal for Scholarship and the Christian Faith (February 17, 2017).
- Seibel, C. L. & Nel, M., 2010, Generation X, intergenerational justice and the renewal of the traditioning process, HTS Teologiese Studies/Theological Studies 66(2), Art. #876, 7 pages
- Seibel, C. L. 2019, “Still Bearing Fruit: Growing in Christ in Older Adulthood as We Follow Jesus Together,” Christian Leader Magazine (May/June 2019).
- Seibel, C. L. 2017. “They That Mourn: How We Can Bless the Remarkable Senior Adults Among Us,” Christian Leader Magazine (November/December 2017), 15-16. (Click here to access a print copy of this publication: CL-20171112-Nov201-Dec2017)
- Seibel, C. L. 2017. “The Gift of Children,” The Bridge 58/1 (Spring/Summer 2017), 7-9.
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. “One More Reason Cross-Generational Connections are Important”, Youth Ministry Unleashed site.
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. “Three Reasons Why Cross-Generational Connections are Important”, Youth Ministry Unleashed site.
- Seibel, C. L. 2013, “Faith that sticks: Intergenerational relationships help youth develop a lasting faith”, Christian Leader Magazine 76(2), pp. 14-16.
- Seibel, C.L. 2009. Intergenerational Reconciliation and Justice as Essential Dimensions of Missional Renewal in the Post-modern Transition, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pretoria.
- Seibel, C.L. 2003. Developing an Assimilation Policy for Grace Baptist Church, Grand Forks, unpublished MTh dissertation, Spurgeon’s College.
- Seibel, C. L. 2016. Review of Amidei, J. Merhaut, & J. Roberto. Generations Together. Christian Education Journal 13/1 (2016).
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Foster, C. R. From Generation to Generation: The Adaptive Challenge of Mainline Protestant Education in Forming Faith. McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry 16 (2014-2015).
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Powe, D., Jr. & Smothers, J. R. Not Safe for Church. The Great Commission Research Journal 7/1 (2015), 101-104.
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Walker, M. Inter-Generational Youth Ministry, Direction Journal 44/1 (2015), 118-119.
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Erlacher, J. C. Millennials in Ministry, Evangelical Missions Quarterly 51/3 (2015).
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Raymo, J. & Raymo J., Millennials and Mission, Missionalia 43/1 (2015), 126-127.
- Seibel, C. L. 2015. Review of Bengston, V. L., Putney, N. M. & Harris, S. Families and Faith, Canadian Journal of Youth and Family 7(1), pp. 205-210.
- Seibel, C. L. 2014. Review of Allen, H. C. & Ross, C. L. Intergenerational Christian Formation: Bringing the Whole Church Together in Ministry, Community and Worship, McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry 15 (2013-2014).
- Seibel, C. L. 2003. Review of Rabey, S. In Search of Authentic Faith: How Emerging Generations are Transforming the Church, Missiology 31/1 (2003), 102.